Sunday 18 October 2015

Busy Times!!!!

This past 40 days has been an extremely busy time. There have been at least 10 films or trailers shot in this time. I have been the caterer on most of these shoots but have also produced a few.

I have produced films for four of my class mates short films, have helped source items - props, costumes and art department items, have scouted for locations and gained permission for them and have generally given a hand to all of my class mates whenever possible.

I have enjoyed helping out on so many different films and trailers and have faced many challenges due to the diversity of all of these projects. Each project comes with it's own set of demands and problems that are unique to that specific project. Working on all of these different proje ts has definitely strengthened my skills as a Producer and has helped me to become a better problem solver.

I have done little bits of editing here and there in between all the other work I have been doing. It seems to be going alright but I am a little worried about this grading thing. The only grading I have ever done was on my cinematography reel and we are learning how to use DaVinci Resolve at the moment to do the colour grade on our final films. DaVinci doesn't seem to look too scary but I guess I am a wee bit nervous because I want my film to look good once it is done.

Well, we are on the home stretch now..... only two more days of filming left for our final class mate and let's get this short film edited, colour graded and sound sorted!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lee. I am doing Resolve classes this afternoon and tomorrow morning with year 2s, you are most welcome to join

    ReplyDelete