Sunday 22 March 2015

First Aid Assessment Results

I had my final assessment for first aid and I can safely say..... I PASSED! I will be the proud owner of a first aid certificate as soon as it arrives. The last module we learned about was broken bones and strains which I have had plenty of experience with as my daughter is accident prone and has had many broken bones before! We also learned about hypothermia and what to do if somebody is suffering from it.

I have enjoyed gaining this knowledge that could potentially help save somebody's life but in saying that I am glad that I have succesfully completed the assessment and do not need to return to do those first aid classes, mainly because it was a long class (all afternoon every Tuesday) in a horribly stuffy room. 

This week, I also completed my internship proposal which outlined what I intend on doing for my remaining internship hours. It was kind of strange writing a proposal when I have already completed so much of my internship. I would really like to complete my remainig hours on the Human Traces feature shoot later on in the year. This is because I want to be able to be here while I produce the big collaborative project and because I would love to work with the Human Traces team again. They are from New Zealand, professional and just amazing to work with - they are more or less like one huge family. Well, fingers crossed that I will be able to complete it with them and lets hope I won't need to use my new first aid skills!

Lemon Doctor


1 comment: