Wednesday 3 June 2015

Producer! Producer! Producer!

I decided that maybe it was worth me writing a post in relation to my Professional Practices paper because I have been using the skills that I have learned from last years projects and also the skills I learned interning on Human Traces. 


I used the dropbox application for all the administrative stuff for Beast of Fawkes which is something that I learned on Human Traces. Previous to Human Traces, I had only used dropbox to store photos from my phone. Dropbox allowed my production team and I, to update the same file and always have the newest version of the file available to any one of us. It also meant that we could access the files we needed from any computer in any location. This stopped files from being left (saved) on any old computer and not being easy to locate.

I also created a production booklet which had all the equipment, crew and cast information and also all the emergency addresses and contact numbers. This meant the crew could contact people in charge of specific equipment items or other crew members directly. The production booklet was introduced to me during Human Traces and also acted as a kind of inventory list for equipment as well.

I enjoy producing and like it when I get to put the things that I have learned into play. Beast of Fawkes has given me the opprtunity to use those skills. Every project is different and I enjoy learning new things with each project I do. I look forward to the next project that I get to woprk on!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these observations, Lee. Have you considered other cloud-based applications like Google Drive?

    ReplyDelete