Wednesday 3 June 2015

Writing 'Rat Race' Week: 13th April - 19th April



I have named my non-dialogue script "Rat Race". I can see my script play out visually in my head but I have been having trouble forcing myself to sit down and write it. As I have commented in other posts, we have been filming the group project, so my head really has not been in a writing space.

I managed to lock myself in a room and write my script though and it came quite easily. I have written this script putting in most of the things that I have learned about 'Big Print'. I think it sounds pretty good (well, i hope it does because I have already submitted it) but I can guarantee that I will sit down and read my script and find things that I should have done better.

I wrote this script as it played out visually in my head and wrote done pretty much what the audience would see. I enjoyed writing this script because it was fun, quirky and amusing. The next thing to write is our tableplay script which is essentially a script involving two people and this means DIALOGUE!!!! Oh well, here it goes.....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Lee. Ideally, I would like to see you use this blog as an online diary, tracking the development of your script ideas. Don't forget to reflect on extracurricular research... films you may have seen... and comment on storytelling techniques they have used.

    ReplyDelete